Monday, July 6, 2009

Family Party!

Every year my siblings and I have a family party, that's right "family party" not a reunion (a little inside joke there), anyways we have a party at my parents house. We usually set up campers and tents on Larin's lawn and have a bonfire and everything. It's our way of getting my workaholic brothers and Dad to go "camping" with the rest of us. Well this year the weather had different plans for us but we still had a good time.
Morgan Grandpa Vance and Kabree

Ethan hanging out

Zach found the cutest little swimsuits for Kabree at the dollar store and then had my ever so talented Mom alter it to fit her. We think she looks pretty dang cute in her little swimsuit. However, my Dad spent the next 30 minutes telling me 50 spf didn't mean I should let my paler then pale baby out in the direct sun. My Dad has such a soft spot for his grandkids that they wanted to swim in the horse trough but didn't want cold water, so my Dad heated the water for them so they could swim in warm water (talk about spoiled). The kids loved it though and spent several hours in the pool.
Kabree loves her swimsuit

Grandma JoAnn showing her sewing skills

Katie helping Kabree test out the water
(remember it's warm water)

All the kids hanging out in the pool!

Grandpa Vance snuggling Morgan

Kabree went out like a light
in Aunt Heathers arms

Zach with his little buddy Morgan
(I love it when Morgan holds Zach's hand as they walk)

Kabree on Buckshot
(We're teaching her early on to love horses)

We did get to have our hotdogs on the grill but about the time we were supposed to start setting up tents the clouds opened and poured for about 10 minutes, but man did it pour down hard. So we bagged the smores and tents and watched movies on Dad and Moms big screen and camped out in their house. Adults took the beds and kids took the floor. I think the kids were a bit disappointed on not camping out but still had a good time!

I didn't get a very good picture to show just how much water there was. The crazy thing is that on Friday I thought that Arbon got a ton of water until Zach and I drove home on Saturday night and at 12:30 a.m. couldn't get to our house because the roads were blocked off. It rained and hailed so bad in our neighborhood the roads were taped off until the next morning, peoples houses were flooded and everyones yards were destroyed. We were very lucky and only a little water get in our basement but hardly any at all, our yard makes me want to cry though. Our flowers looked so good on Tuesday my Mom even told me I needed to take a picture of them. Well now they look like someone took a weed wacker to them and cut all the heads off and smashed them into the ground.

3 comments:

Harward Family said...

I'm glad that you were at least able to get together and be dry while you were sleeping. I'm sorry to hear that your flowers got eaten though. That is so sad. Kabree looked so cute in her swim suit. She is getting so big.

Miss Jana said...

Kabree looks so cute in her swim suit! I'm glad your house survived the storm, too bad about your yard though.

The Casper's said...

I love the swimsuit. She is such a darling baby. Never seen one so cute!!!