Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Good Bye 2008!

I know most people are saying how great 2008 was and how blessed they were this year but to be honest I say Hasta La Vista Baby! I can't wait for 2009 and to put this last year behind me. Now don't get me wrong I have been greatly blessed with a awesome family and great friends.

2008 was just a rough year, it started off with the loss of my good friend and sister in-law Lyndell. My family hit a lot of land marks this year the 1 year mark of Shawnta passing and the 5 year mark of Jared and Kevin passing. We then discovered that having children in the traditional sense was no longer an option for us. It was a little bit of a harder year then we had anticipated. In the words of my Mom "If this was a book I would tear it up and say no way, I hate this story..." I truly do feel this way at times but I also say our story is far from over. With every great story there has to be great heart ache to appreciate the happy ending.

2009 is already showing prospects as a great year! We are looking forward to Skylar (Zach's brother and one of my very best friends) coming home from his mission. Larin and Jessica's wedding, and at least two babies : ). Zach and I are truly praying and hoping to be placed with a baby in 2009 and yes I said two because someone else is already expecting??? It's killing me keeping it a secret because I'm so dang excited about this but you will all just have to wait until after the New Years Eve anoucement!

Good bye 2008 and welcome in 2009!!!

3 comments:

Kendall and Katy said...

I don't blame you...Good bye 2008! Adios! I hope 2009 brings all you are praying for!

summergibbs said...

Jessi,
You know you can't do that to me! I think you should leave a comment on my blog and tell me who's expecting!!! That would be fun!

Miss Jana said...

I am so glad we went to lunch. I had so much fun and it was so good to see you! We need to do it more often. I'm glad 2009 is off to a good start for you, I hope it continues.