Monday, April 18, 2011

Kabree's 2nd Birthday Party

Zach, Kabree & Jessi 
Kabree LOVED the Backyardigans on her cake!

   I know there is a lot of pictures of the cake but I'm just so excited of how it turned out, my Mom did such a good job on the characters that my part was so easy and Kabree loved it.  I had told my Mom I wanted to do a Backyardigans cake but didn't no what I should do and she said she thought maybe she could try making them out of clay so I could just stick them on, well as you can see they turned out far better then I ever could have imagined.  I tried for the first time doing a raspberry filled cake, I was a little nervous it would slide but it turned out great and didn't taste too bad either : )!  I have to say I love the new vibrant food coloring it made the frosting on the cupcakes so fun and I'm glad I made the two sizes, the mini's were perfect for the little ones.
 The Pretty Birthday Girl!
 
 Opening gifts, Paedyn had to help a little

 Mattie reading Kabree her new Backyardigans book
  I felt kind of bad because as soon as we got to the park Kabree just wanted to play and run around.  This was the first time to the park this year so Kabree just wanted to have fun on the slide.  She had a hard time wanting to come back over and open gifts and do cake.  We decided to let the other kids help her open gifts to keep it moving.  I think Kabree was a little overwhelmed with all the people and excitement of the park.  Everyone was really great about it though.  She got way too much and was very spoiled by everyone!
 Kabree eating her birthday cupcake
 Justice and Kabree enjoying the cupcakes

 I think the kids really liked the cupcakes and I made tons so there was plenty for them to have a few each. Justice I think ate like 10 all by himself, he would look around to see if Heather was looking, then go up and grab another one.  It was pretty cute and on his behalf they were the mini ones.
   Kayla and Eric
Who by the way got his mission call and is leaving the end of June
we are so proud of him and are really going to miss him
 Kira, Lynndin and Gary
 Shay and Kabree
 Jessica, Larin and Wyatt
 Keri with her Grandma Patricia and her Mom Teri
and handsome Kalan
Saeward and Liam
(Spencers sister and her little boy)
  We had such a good time at Kabree's birthday party and are so glad so many people got to come.  We think she is one very special little girl and is loved by so many people.  Some of Kabree's birth family was able to come and celebrate with us and we are so grateful for all of them for coming and sharing her special day with us.  I wish I would be better about taking pictures of everyone.  We love them so much especially Keri and Spencer if it wasn't for them we would not even have our Little Miss Kabree and her birthday is such a bittersweet reminder of the day she was born and the day Keri and Spencer placed her in our arms.
Kabree at home with all her new toys 

We love you Kabree, more then you will ever know!!!

No comments: