Monday, April 6, 2009

We're Thinking Pink!

Most everyone already knows but for those who don't we got picked last week and it's a girl! It has been an emotional, crazy week but the excitement far out weighs the stress. We actually got to meet both our birthparents today and it went great. They are a cute cute couple who we already love so much. They were so amazing and unselfish, I could never express how grateful I am for them and their sacrifice. I was scared beyond belief for the face to face, but it went great and now I feel so much better about everything. Now I actually feel like this is our little girl! For those who know me already know what a long emotional journey this has been for me and words could never say how excited and how long I have waited for this day. No one laugh but I can seriously close my eyes and see her in my arms already. We are so happy and cannot wait to hold our little girl. Which we still have no due date for yet, she is having a c-section and they haven't scheduled it yet but it will be the end of this week or next.

I'm so happy we don't have to wait a long time for her to get here, we got approved 6 months ago and we just got contacted by our birthmother the 27th of March. So we really shouldn't complain at all. But I've found that all of my 8 pregnant friends feel is highly unfair I'm getting my baby first, and yes that includes my sis : ). I just have to say thank you to my family and close friends who have been my support the last couple years and have never judged me for my ups and downs with our infertiltiy and adoption. I guess I just have the best family ever and know how to pick great friends! Thanks guys!

10 comments:

Miss Jana said...

I am so excited for you and excited that it is official! I am so happy our babies will be so close and they can grow up together! You and Zach will be amazing parents.

Blake and Lara said...

Wow! How amazing for the both of you! What a wonderful experience it is to be parents in this life! Congratulations!! You will be a wonderful mommy!!

Kendall and Katy said...

If you could see me you would see me jumping up and down with excitement. I cannot wait to meet her! I am so glad your baby has finally found you!

Karen said...

Emily told me! I am so happy for you guys!

Lacey said...

We are so happy for you guys. You two will make great parents. That is great that you guys will get her so soon. Again I know how much baby things are so if you want to borrow some of our things until you buy your own you are more then welcome. Congrats you two.

summergibbs said...

I love you! Looking forward to our days at the park this summer with our new baby girls!!!

Trav and Rach said...

Oh My Gosh guys! This is so great! We couldn't be happier for you! I felt like such a slacker last month for not setting up visiting teaching, but it looks like you have had your hands full. Congratulations, it is the best!

Sarah Smith said...

We can't wait for you and Zack to become parents! you guys are already so great with the kids!! We love you !! And know one is going to laugh at you!

Amanda said...

That is great news Jessi! I am so excited for you and Zach! You are going to be the cutest little mommy! Let me know if you need ANYTHING! Congratulations!!!!

Shane and Aly said...

YEAH!!! Congratulations!!! We are so excited for you guys. I am glad you don't have to wait too long! You guys will be wonderful parents! Now you can speak at the adoption classes to tell about your experiences. I love adoption! It is a wonderful "thing"! Shane and I are taking Foster Parent classes right now. We would maybe like to adopt a little older child. Good luck with everything! We can't wait to see pictures