Sunday, September 14, 2008

Holli's Story

One funny story I have to share that happened at the girl party was before everyone got here Holli, Libby and I were the first ones there so we were sitting around talking. Holli started talking about when she was 1 and a ferret bit her while she was just sitting on her parents lawn. It drew blood and took a chunk of skin, so it was a pretty big deal. So, I asked her what her Dad did and she didn't want to tell me. She looked at Libby then at me and said I don't want to say. So I reassured her it was okay to say what he did. Then Holli told us her Dad shot it and instantly Libby's face turned to horror. (First I must add Libby is the most tender hearted child on earth, second I have to remind you that I reassured Holli that it was okay to tell us.) Holli started trying to comfort Libby, trying to hug her and saying "what if it would have bit Hanna, what would you do" and Libby's reply was "I wouldn't have SHOT IT!" and she kept crying shrugging away from Holli like she was this horrible person. The more we tried to justify what Holli's Dad did the more upset Libby got, we even told her a ferret was like a rat and she informed us that they sell them at McKees for pets. Libby said if an animal bit Hanna (her little sister by the way) she would just yell at it. Poor Holli felt awful for upsetting Libby and I couldn't stop laughing.

No comments: