Sunday, September 14, 2008

Girls Party 2008

Back: Holli, Heather, Jessi (me), Whitney
Middle row: Mattie, Grandma Harrison, JoAnn (Mom),
Wendy w/Hanna on her lap, Shaylynn, Jessica w/Makenna on her lap
Front: Katie and Liberty

Holli and Heather being...Holli and Heather : )

The girls getting ready for the movie

Mom and Grandma
(and no they didn't plan to match)

Mattie and Jessica

Shay and Katie

Painting our nails



Mattie's facial

Shay and Katie asked me for cucumbers,
they told me it would " help them relax" (too cute!)

Larin, crashing our party,
we punished him by tying a ribbon in his hair

Daisy looking for any left over Chinese food

The car Eric took us for a ride in

Every year; around August or September, all the girls in my immediate family have a girls party. It's like a big slumber party. We paint nails, watch movies, have lots of junk food and just enjoy each others company. This year we got Chinese (one of my favorites) take out and watched "She's The Man." We have all of the younger girls sleep on the floor and all of us adults share the beds, so basically we don't sleep at all. We didn't even finish the movie until 2 a.m. and then you know how girls are : ). Wendy and I shared a bed and the last time we looked at a clock it was 3:30. Then of coarse at 7 a.m. Mattie was wide awake and ready for more fun. So we ate our breakfast (Wendy's yummy breakfast casserole) and got ready for the day. Libby had a soccer game so Heather, Hanna and Libby had to leave early. Grandma had a funeral so she had to leave early too. So Whitney and I painted the younger girls nails and gave them facials.

I forgot to let everyone know who the new faces are, Jessica and her daughter Makenna. Jessica and my brother Larin are dating. Which is why Larin crashed our GIRLS party. Yes he crashed it, because Larin and Jessica live 2 1/2 hours apart they don't get to see each other very often so Larin figured were she was only 1 hour away he had to make good use of it, even if it meant dirty looks from his sister. He hung out with us for a couple hours Friday and then came over Saturday morning for breakfast. Jessica and him had made plans to go to the temple and I offered for their three girls to stay with me. It was great getting to know Makenna better, she loves horses, likes to wear pretty skirts and likes to sing along with movies.

Back to the topic of party crashers, we had another crasher Eric (my nephew). He recently got a new Trans Am and his sister Holli (who lives in Logan) hadn't seen it yet so he stopped by to give her a ride. So of coarse, Heather, Whitney and I had to go for a ride too. It is an awesome car!

5 comments:

Miss Jana said...

Jessi- your party looks like fun. It's great that all the guys let you get away. I can't believe how grownup all your nieces are. By the way, I like the mirror in your stairway and your paint job looks great in the pictures! :) I still need to see the finished project like 2 1/2 years later.

Miss Jana said...

Hey! I found Misty and Dayna's blogs. I have links on my page if you want to check them out. Are we still getting together this weekend?

Fishin' Ponds said...

Jessi! How funny I found your post on Shancy's blog...even funnier that you've been on my blog. Small world huh?! It's so good to see pics of your family! I miss seeing them...tell Heav I said hello!! And...do you need to come visit me in Alaska? Heather was supposed to email you some info...let me know if you have questions...I would love to answer them.

summergibbs said...

Too cute! I love it...I wish the women in my family were more like that! That's great for Larin..it can't be easy by yourself and she looks like she's a really nice girl. Oh my gosh...could Katie be any more beautiful? She is getting so grown up and I can't believe how much she looks like her mommy.

Trevor and Dayna said...

I am so glad Melissa found me. I have been thinking about you so much lately and have been wanting to get ahold of you. Looks like things are going good. We really need to get together some time and have a girls night out. We will definetly have to keep in touch better. I have missed you. HOpe you hear from you soon