Saturday, December 26, 2009

Cookie Party!


The only picture we got of the cookies


Libby, JoAnn and Grandma Evelyn


Oh, look at the happy couple!
Kabree loved having Caleb and Sandra come stay


We told the kids to act excited about the lights,
so we showed them what acting excited looks like!

We had our annual Cookie Party on the 23rd and as always we enjoyed having everyone come to our home for a little party. I decided to do Potato Bacon soup this year, as per Zach's request and well, I love the soup but let's just say that was a 1 time deal making it for that many people. Peeling and cutting that many potatoes was a little more time consuming then I had anticipated. However, Chase did make it feel worth my time when he kept going back for more and there was none left so hopefully that was a good sign.
I had to laugh because as Grandma was eating the Raspberry Shortbread cookies she says "I love these cookies I have to get this recipe" (They are her recipe, I guess she hasn't made them in a while : ) I told her Grandma you made like 8 dozen of them for my first wedding, and she started laughing "I did, I don't remember that, I guess I was better then I thought"
Kabree loved having so much company. She did get sick that night, I think all the excitement and all the batting of the eye lashes landed her lots of "little" bits of cookies, which adds up to lots of cookie for a baby. She loves having family over though, she just grins and squeals.
I just want to say thank you to Heather for helping me cook all the bacon (I hate cooking bacon, the smell kills me, I like to eat it though :), bringing me lunch the two days I cooked all day and watching little Miss Kabree. Thank you to Mom for making those yummy bread sticks. Thank you Libby for keeping Kabree entertained while I made 4 double batches of cookies. Thank you to Jessica for telling me how much her kids were looking forward to it and how much fun they have every year (I thought about cancelling a couple times but Jessica telling me that I knew I couldn't disappoint little Mo:) And a HUGE Thank You to our families for coming to our party every year!

1 comment:

Kendall and Katy said...

The cookies look delicious! I want the recipe to the raspberry cookies.. those sound yummy.