Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Eating/Hunting/Couponing/Adoption

As you can see from the title we have a lot to catch up on:

After much persistence from my parents we finally fed Kabree rice baby cereal for the first time a couple weeks ago, well my Mom did. Which of coarse means the pics are on her camera at her house : (. She was so excited right up until Grandma put the food in her mouth and the excitement turned to disgust, she does not care for baby cereal. I do now try to feed it to her a couple times a day but she gets more excited over the spoon and bowl then over the cereal it's self. Hopefully veggies and fruit go over better.

My parents are finally done with harvest which means Zach and I might actually go a week without going out there. Don't get me wrong I love visiting my parents and love that Zach doesn't mind helping out, it just gets crazy taking a baby overnight so much. Zach got his deer opening day again this year. Which makes me vary happy, I'm looking forward to making my Grandpa's salami now : ), plus I love a good deer roast. Now, lets cross our fingers he gets an Elk too, I'll be honest I only remember having it once and t
hat's when our friends Austin and Rachel cooked it, and it was way yummy.
$21.24
FYI the cat food is $4.74 a bag at Wal-Mart

$19.74
I forgot to put the bottle of mouthwash
and 3 boxes of Puffs tissues in the pic

I've been couponing the last month, thanks to my sis in-laws Gina and Wendy for teaching me and sharing pointers and tips every week. Wow, I'm so addicted! However, I do think this is one addiction that might be ok, my food storage is growing leaps and bounds in a matter of weeks and I'm spending next to nothing. For example I got 8 Snuggle fabric softeners for free, thanks to Wendy's help. For those who know me well, I can do nothing alone so of coarse I'm forcing Heather to do it as well. Her kids are loving it cause now she buys them granola bars and fruit snacks, who wouldn't buy their kids treats when it's $.50 a box. I must admit Walgreen's is my mountain, with their crazy confusing coupon rules and register rewards but so far I've still saved a ton there but my goal is to master that store : )!

One last note to share I have often visited the R House blog but man last week I was browsing through some old posts and came a cross the post A New Dream and wow to anyone who has ever been faced with infertility issues or for anyone who knows someone who has that post really hits home. I think people often don't understand situations that they have never experienced, we are all guilty of that at some point or another. It's so crazy I came across that post but it's exactly what I needed that day. I love Kabree more then anything but being a woman you still feel an ache when others talk about giving birth or being pregnant or when you see a couple with little cookie cutter babies, which is adorable. However, for some couples like Zach and I those are experiences we will never have, which is ok but there is still a grieving process of realizing you will never experience them. It's hard as a person especially as a couple coming to terms that your childhood dream or life plan needs to be revamped and you need a new dream now. Like I said the post just worded it perfectly so please share it with anyone you think it might help.

3 comments:

Miss Jana said...

Cute pictures of Kabree. Maddux doesn't care for cereal either.

Spilletts said...

Good job on your couponing. I need to do that again. And Kabree holy cow she is getting so big. Time sure flys when your having fun.

Kendall and Katy said...

Hey I just read the "new dream" post and it was awesome! Totally what I needed to read. You need to share your coupon tips with me.