Thursday, May 28, 2009

She's Growing

If only she slept like this at night

I love her little yawns

You can see her little chicken legs in this pic

We haven't had another doctors appointment yet but Kabree is finally filling out. Yes we are still wearing newborn clothes and she is 6 weeks but the newborn clothes are getting snugger! So hopefully she will start fitting into her 0-3 month clothes before to long. Well, I spoke way to soon on the sleeping situation and for the last three nights she hasn't hardly slept at all. I feel like a walking zombie and it's a good thing I have an awesome family and great friends to vent to. We have attempted twice to take her for a walk in the stroller and lets just say I'm sure my friend Rachel is about ready to stop asking me to go. Kabree does good for the first little bit but then she starts screaming and is unconsolable. We have to turn around and go home, it takes a bit to calm her down even after we are home. I think she likes being outside and looking around but hates the heat and the sun in her eyes, which don't worry I do shield her from it. So if anyone has tips on getting your baby to sleep at night or how to get your baby to like the stroller, let me know, I'm desperate. I'm even thinking about breaking down and doing what I swore I'd never do and buy the Baby Wise book.

6 comments:

Perpetual Mommy Exhaustion said...

Really small babies don't tend to like strollers-they don't have the muscle strength in their necks to absorb all the shocks and jolts they get. Mine didn't really calm down until they were ten weeks or so. As for sleeping, you are just going to have to ride it out. :) I personally think she's too little to be put on a schedule (and the babywise people think so too.). Good luck!

Miss Jana said...

Jess she is so cute. If you feed them through an IV instead of a bottle feed they sleep all night- I wouldn't recommend it though. :) Good luck!

summergibbs said...

We always wrapped Breck as tight as we could in a receiving blanket. That's the only way I would sleep too...but I also had to be put in my carseat which had to be in the crib. Maybe she's still a little insecure....nothing wrong with that!

Denise said...

Hey Jessi,
Kabree looks great, her little body probably just needs those calories. I know it is so hard when they are so small and can't make it through the night, but hang in there! My girls were totally opposites when it came to sleeping and eating and still have the same habits (one sleeps and eats *a lot* right on schedule, the other not so much) Let us know if you need an evening off! She is precious!

Rachel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rachel said...

Jessi, she is so dang cute! And I don't mind turning around on the walks, we will try again when the rain decides to stop