Saturday, May 23, 2009

Our Little Kabs



She loves to strech her whole body out like this

Hanna has been such a great cousin to Kabree

I have not been posting much lately because my computer will only let me upload pics when it feels like it. Anyways, it has been a very crazy couple of weeks. I'm back to watching kids, which I've missed them but it keeps me busy. Kabree is growing like a weed she is up to 7lbs 12oz and 20 1/4 inches long. She is awake more and more every day. She has started smiling and trying to talk, which I love. It's so cute watching her try so hard and have only the smallest sound come out. She is sleeping better, so I'm a little less crazy. We had a BBQ with some friends on Monday so we had Kabree outside from 5-9 at night and she slept from 10-6! I was so happy, I didn't sleep because I kept thinking something was wrong because she hadn't woke up but still it's hopefully the start of a wonderful thing : )! She hasn't done it again but she has been sleeping from 10:30 to about 3, so still better then before so I cannot complain. I can't believe how much she has already changed and how much we love her.

A Little Adoption Update
We have been getting a lot of questions about adoption and our story inpiticular. I will eventually post the whole story but it's a really long story so I just don't know if people will want to read that long of a post. But as far as questions, we never mind people asking them. To answer a few, yes we do have a very open adoption. We take a letter and pictures of Kabree about once a week into family services to give to our birth parents. We text our birthmom just about everyday, just to see how each other is doing, talk about what's been going on, things like that. We have also had our birthmom come to our home twice now. We do have contact with both birthparents, they are just dealing with the healing process differently and for our birthdad texting and face to face visits are too hard, he does read the letters and see the pictures though. Our birthparents do live in the same town which we are all four okay with, we do know each others last names and obviously where each other lives. Our birhparents are both very unselfish people who respect Zach and I very much, they always refer to us as Kabree's Dad and Mom (some birthparents still call themselves the parents not the adoptive couple), and they always ask if things are ok for them to do i.e. come to our house, or to give Kabree something. I was always nervous about how it would be but honestly the birthparents and us feel like it was all meant to be, we all get along so well and have so many similarities that it just makes the whole thing easy and uncomplicated. Adoption is a very emotional process and can be very hard on your marriage, your self esteem and self worth but if you can make it through the entire process it is the most amazing, rewarding thing that has ever happened to me. It has given me the greatest gift I could ever ask for, our little girl!

3 comments:

Lacey said...

She has gotten so tall. I can't believe how tall she is getting. She is a cutie.

Miss Jana said...

Yay! I'm glad you posted more pics- she is a cutie. Maddux is catching up, they are almost the same size. he is 7lbs 4 oz and 20 inches. :)

Harward Family said...

That is so cool about your birthparents. I'm glad that everything is going good. Kabree is so cute and is doing pretty at sleeping it sounds like. Anyway... I love to see the updates and see how things are going for you guys.