Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Branding

Dad with Katie and her friend

Makenna hanging out with the dogs

Heather getting Ebony a drink
(Ebony seriously can drink out of the bottle, it's crazy)

Zach roping for the first time


Hanna and Mattie hanging out

The girls

Grandpa Elmer

My family branded their cows last weekend. Zach enjoys going out and helping out with the cows, Heather, my aunt Laurie and I got all of the food ready for when they came back to the house. It went really fast this year, they were done by noon and I think everyone had a good time. Zach tried roping for the first time this year, and of coarse he was a natural. Most things come easy to Zach so it was no surprise to me that he did great. I'm discovering that my life of going all the time is sadly in the past. Not that I would trade anything but man, it is a lot of work taking a baby. It sounds crazy but I miss my 8 a.m. grocery shopping and my spur of the moment runs to Arbon. However, she is so worth it.

Kooper getting ran over by the wagon

Morgan riding his scooter

So after the branding we hung out at my parents for a while and as always my nieces and nephews kept me entertained. Kooper decided to tie a jump rope around his waist and then tie the other end to the red wagon, which Morgan was riding in. Kooper then decided that he would run down the hill of my parents back lawn on his hands and knees. Well by the time Kooper got to the bottom of the hill the wagon with Morgan in it was going faster then he was and needless to say Kooper got ran over, while Morgan laughed his little heart out. Then later that night Morgan was playing with Ethans toy cars and he was trying to put something on his foot. Well he was trying to ride the toy scooter. It was so cute!

1 comment:

Harward Family said...

I know what you mean about the work of taking babies but like you I wouldn't trade any of it. It was fun to read about your family and see that all is well.