Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Surgery

  I feel so blessed to have the friends, neighbors, and family I do.  I have been overwhelmed with texts, calls, flowers, cards, meals, visits and gift cards (I never would have thought of this, Wendy, Sandra and one of my friends all live out of town and sent gift cards Hulu, Red Lobster, and Taco Bell, seriously so creative).  You know you are surrounded by amazing people when you have 25 thank you cards to write!  It takes a village and my village helped us out so much the last two weeks!    So I have to admit when we went in before surgery and my doctor said the average recovery time for a hysterectomy is 6 weeks then a couple months to feel 100% I thought I'll show her I'm going to recover in 2 weeks.....lets just say there is a reason the recovery is so long....it's brutal!
  Friday the Snyders showed up at 6:30 a.m. and helped the girls do cards, pick out flowers (I didn't get a picture of the roses they gave me) and decorate our bedroom.  They also took them to Outer Limits!  Heather then took over and brought them to see me Friday night and Saturday morning in the hospital.  With Heather they got a sleep over at our house with the puppies ;), went to Haylees wedding, played all day and got Arbys (One of Kabree's favorite places to eat).
  Also Saturday my parents stopped in before Haylee's wedding reception and brought me custard (I crave my mom's custard and when i don't feel good it's what I want for comfort).
  Then Heather turned around and took them again Sunday so I could sleep and my friend Camille brought us dinner. Jesika and the girls stopped in for a visit and brought me Diet Coke and some soda crackers (I love soda crackers when I'm sick lol).
 From "The Girls"
 Kabree and Keagan
With help from the Snyders


 I heart this so much!  They painted the other side of  "my rock"
Zach's work
The Young Women
  Monday my friends Rachel and Krystal came and took the girls swimming all day!  The girls had so much fun!  Then the Ward brought us food.
  Tuesday Adrianne came over and brought her two youngest to play with the girls and visited and brought bagels.  Also my friend Alex had both girls over that afternoon for her daughters water birthday party!  Kira and Sally came to visit and brought us soup and rolls that we used for lunch the next couple days and Zach's cousin Heather brought us dinner.  Brenda brought me the beautiful succulent and a card from the Young Women.
  Heather came over Wednesday and helped fix and clean up the fridge door.  She cleaned the entire house top to bottom, took care of puppies, fed us lunch and made me laugh so hard my stomach hurt beyond belief lol.  Then the Ward brought us food and Whitney had to make a run to the store to get me some Milk and Magnesia.
  My Mom came and stayed with us Wednesday night to Thursday night.  I'm sure she slept for two days straight by the time she went home!  She painted ALL day long with the girls, fed us lunch, took us to a friends lemonade stand, took Kabree to drop off a Get Well gift to her friend Mae and about 100 other little things!  Then Heather brought us dinner and my friend from work Melody brought us cookies.




Katie stopped in for a minute and Grandma recruited her to quick paint a couple rocks too
 Kabree's rocks
 Keagan's rocks
    This year at Girls Camp our theme is Harry Potter so I painted each girl an Owl rock (rocks are kind of my joke, signature at camp ;).  Any guesses how long it takes someone on Norco to paint 27 rocks...4 hours and tears (yes tears I was so annoyed with myself, if one didn't look how I imagined I would cry lol my poor Mom).
  Friday our friends Jason and Lacy brought us food and my friend Randi gave us a freezer meal to use for Saturday because she was going to be out of town.
  I do have to give a shout out to Zach who has been great at holding down the fort!  He is exhausted and ready to have his wife back 100% but he has not complained once!
  Again thank you to all my amazing family and friends who have helped make this rough couple weeks a whole lot easier!

No comments: