Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Girls Camp 2017

  As always Girls Camp is exhausting, spiritual and a lot of fun!  This year was definitely one for the books!  It was Stake camp and our theme was Harry Potter, they went all out!  So first of all being only 1 1/2 weeks out from a hysterectomy was a lot harder than I had expected (the hills were a KILLER) but thanks to all the other awesome leaders and my amazing husband I made it Wednesday-Friday night after testimony meeting.  The second thing that made it one for the books is that when we arrived Wednesday morning it was pouring rain!!!  Luckily Zach had rounded up some priesthood the night before and went and set up our camp (tents, camp trailer, decorations, ect), he knew I was stressing about setting up camp while not being able to lift or twist!?!  During the Stakes big kick off it down poured but the girls still had a great attitude about it!  After about an hour the sun came out and we had a great Sorting Banquet (welcoming the beehives to their houses (wards))and grand feast (of Texas Road House) where we were addressed by Dumbledore (President Brower).  Then Thursday after hikes we got  hit again and it hit hard!!!  Our camp site is at the bottom of the hill and where two roads connect, thus causing 3 rivers of water to converge into one and rush right through our camp ground into our girls tents!!!  It was a mess!  The girls tents filled with water and most of their bedding got wet.  But luckily for us our Stake pulled together and they helped us dry out, borrow extra sleeping bags and blankets. Everyone was great to help and to find a solution!  After we got that all figured out we headed up to Harry's Birthday party, we all got Birthday cookies, then everyone divided into birthday months and had a lip-sync/dance battle against the other months, the Priesthood won hands down thanks to Zach's smooth moves!  We also got to visit Honeydukes candy store.  Friday was our service project and Quidditch tournament.  Holy smokes the girls loved the Quidditch tournament and our Ward took home the Quidditch cup!  Zach, Brian, Charlie and Jesika were pretty bummed they didn't get to play in the final game (they decided it should be girls only). We ended the night with some great speakers and testimony meeting.
  Again I'm so grateful for amazing friends and people in our lives.  So many of our friends are in our stake and they would all check on me our make sure I had a chair close by or make sure someone gave me a ride of the hill when I got tired.  I didn't feel well during the speaker on Friday night and had to get up and leave and when I got in my car to go home that night I was so overwhelmed reading all of the texts I had gotten from people that saw me get up, asking if I was ok, if I needed anything, what they could do to help.  I have the best people in my life!!!
Our Ward name was Humbledore
I made floating candles as well but didn't get a picture of them
 Our amazing group for the week
  
 Amber enjoying her Birthday cookie
Zach and I visiting Honeydukes for some candy!

No comments: