Wednesday, April 12, 2017

"...He has risen..."

  This is only our second year doing it but this is my favorite Easter tradition now!  My girls amaze me! We have been doing family home evenings based on Easter and the atonement.  Last week when Zach talked about Gethsemane and the events that occurred.  Kabree started sobbing when we discussed how Jesus felt every pain and sorrow we have or ever will feel.  She told us it made her think about how much she misses Pal and how Jesus felt that for her.
  Tonight we started off with the Gethsemane song (bad idea because it brings me to tears every time I hear it), then we read John chapter 19 and discussed with the girls as we read what each thing meant.  The girls listened so good this year and Keagan got sad when we talked about how mean they were to Jesus before he was hung on the cross and when we discussed how his family and friends must have felt that day.  Can you imagine being Mary?  How she must have felt that day, knowing what had to be done but to actually have it coming to pass must have been utterly heartbreaking.  I'm always so humbled when reading these chapters.
  As we made our rolls and discussed how they use to prepare the bodies for burial and what they must have felt and thought during that time.  As our rolls baked we read John 20 and again discussed what we thought everyone in the scriptures must have been thinking or feeling.  Then we asked the girls why the resurrection was important to them.  Keagan said because she wants to see Jesus again.  Zach because he wants to be with his family forever.  I said because I can see my family that I miss so much again someday.  Kabree crying said "I'm crying because I'm happy that someday I will see Pal again and I'm going to be so happy that day."
  We are a crazy, loud, busy family but honestly we are a family who loves our Savior and are grateful for the resurrection and all of the blessings it brings.

 









No comments: