Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Resurrection Rolls

  We have been doing family home evenings based on Easter and tonight we did Resurrection rolls.  Maybe I'm just a big emotional wreck but it was awesome!  We read John chapters 19-20 and explained what they meant to the girls as we read them and made our rolls.  As we were finishing up the last verse I got so emotional because that one event affected every single person who has and who ever will live on this Earth, that one event blessed every person whether they choose to believe or not to believe.  Then as we read about Mary and the disciples seeing Jesus for the first time and explained to the girls why they wept I just felt overwhelmed with the thought of what it must have been like.
  Kabree got so into it, listening intently and making the rolls.  Keagan loved making the rolls but......reading 2 chapters in one sitting was hard for her : ).  Kabree was pretty excited to see inside her roll after baking them and they couldn't wait to taste them.
  This will definitely be on our list of annual activities!





 


   Easter is my favorite holiday!  It's in the Spring it's about hope, new life, new beginnings, and most importantly it celebrates when Christ made it possible for us to live again.  I get so emotional this time of year and the overwhelming gratitude that I have for my Savior and the opportunity he gave me to be with my family again!  I miss them all so much and often think of how sweet our reunion will be!

No comments: