Monday, June 29, 2015

Road Trip Day 1

Day 1 - Wednesday
  Wednesday started off rough and that is an understatement!!!  Tuesday day and night Zach was frantically working on creating a testing envirnoment for work and upgrading the production SQL server and things were not going well.  Zach was beyond stressed and I was beyond worried how I was going to do this trip without him!  I sent Zach a text and asked him "what can I do to help you?"  He hadn't taken a lunch or break all day and it was 4:30 pm with no end in site.  He text back "pray" so I immediately text my family and asked them to all say a quick prayer for Zach.  Then the girls and I each took a turn praying for Zach to be able to find the problem and the solution.  1 hour later he text back and said "The prayers worked".  He was able to fix that problem and would be able to do his app launch that night.  He hurried to Paint Fest for a few hours and then home to catch 3 hours of sleep.  He went into work that night at 1 a.m. to launch the new database server hoping to be off by Noon Wednesday.  As always things don't go as planned and Zach pulled into our drive way at 2:45 p.m. But luckily Heather and my Mom had helped me get the van, run errands and load everything so we were ready to pull out the second Zach jumped into the van.
  Grandma JoAnn drove the first 4 hours of the trip while Zach slept in the back.  Our first leg of the trip was from Chubbuck, Idaho to Casper, Wyoming, 7 Hours and 44 minutes.  The kids did pretty well considering how long of a drive it was and we only had to stop 3 times that night before hitting the hotel at 11:30 p.m.
Our ride-A Ford 15 passenger van with the back seat taken out
Side note: This first leg of the trip made me have flash backs to the hardest, worst year of Zach and I's marriage.  Zach worked/lived in Big Piney with my brothers Troy and Shawn, Let's not forget that was also the year that we did infertility treatments, the year God told me I HAD to quit my job that I loved and the year Shawnta and Lyndell passed away.  Needless to say I don't associate happy memories or times to the first 4 hours of our trip UGH how I hated that drive every weekend!!!!!  However, I do appreciate that I can say we made it through it and we made the right choices that got us where we are today!
 The crew

Heather and I got dollar store prizes for the kids, they got one for every 2 hours of driving we did
Keagan loved the legos
   We met these guys at a gas station in Rock Springs, Wyoming, they too were headed off on a road.  They were jealous we had been on the road for 4 hours and they were just starting out.  They also informed us we could join them but it was a "Wild bus!".  Let's not forget that while I was hurrying to take the picture an old guy yelled to me that if I gave him a minute he would let me take our pictures with him too ; ).

This is actually the gas station where everyone switched seats,
I guess Heather wasn't so excited about taking her turn by KeKe ; )

No comments: