Saturday, August 6, 2011

Pioneer Day Parade

 Libby, Katie, Shay and Ethan
 Justice and Heather
 JoAnn and Kabree
 The whole group
 Morgan
 Larin
Kabree asked him if she could take his picture : )
 Kabree enjoying the cotton candy
 Justice
 Kabree was shoving it in by the handfuls
 Getting ready to catch some candy

    This year Kabree and I met up at Heather's to go to the Pioneer Day Parade.  Mom came in and brought Ethan and Shay, Jessica had one some of her family visiting so her and Larin brought them into the parade too.  We all met up so we could sit together.  Kabree was very excited to see her cousins but when she got the cotton candy she was in heaven, she was shoving it in by the handfuls and did not want to share.  I thought she would make herself sick with all the sugar.  I bet you can't guess Kabree's favorite part of the parade?  Nope not the candy, the HORSES, she was over the moon excited to see horses in the parade.  Now don't get me wrong she thought the candy was great, but she didn't all together get it.  Shay and Katie had to help her out a bit.  She did get that she wanted a popsicle when they started throwing them out.
    Sadly my camera died, my poor camera that I take thousands of pictures a month on for the last 5 years, died right as the parade started, I panicked (I know shocking I panicked over something so small lol).  Poor Larin tried to help me and so did my Mom but sadly it was never to be revived.  I cried a little; ok a lot because no I'm not good at taking pictures but I love having lots and lots of pictures so I can enjoy looking back and remembering everything.  Needless to say it was a very sad few days in our household, as a stressfuly researched every stinking camera out there.  My problem is I want super crisp, clear pictures but I know nothing about photography other than I love it and that I suck at it.  I needed a simple point and shot that an idiot like me can work and get nice pictures.  Well folks not as easy as it sounds : (.  I did get one, I actually got one just like my Mom's, I told her it was because it was the best one but secretly it's so she can set it all up and tell me how to work it ; ).  I'm only partially kidding with that one, I actually did find that it had great reviews and when I tested them out it was my in my top 2.  I did have a time crunch because of our vacation so the fact my Mom could set it up pushed it to number 1.  However, I did miss 1 whole week of pictures and with my little pill that's a lot, if people only knew who well documented her little life really was.

No comments: