Tuesday, August 9, 2011

The New Pony

 The cutest little cowgirl ever!

 Kabree takes being a cowgirl seriously
 Helping Daddy brush
 Kabree decided she just wanted to pet the pony while Mommy brushed

 JoAnn, Vance and Kabree
 "Yee Haw!!"

 We discovered the pony is scared of hats
 Kooper giving Kabree a ride on Captain
    My parents got a new pony a couple weeks ago, Kabree was excited the day my Dad told her she need to come see what he got.  Then when last Monday before we left to go camping she saw the pony and discovered it was a palomino, it was over from there.  She started saying "my Pal...my horsey...it's mine", this obsession with Pal is crazy I know.  Anyways, moving forward to last Thursday, on the way home from the Zoo last week Kabree was crying for her "Pal...Grandpa...my horsey...I want to ride Pal", so I called my Dad and handed her the phone.  Well the conversation ended in my Dad telling her, her Mom was going to bring her out the next day to ride the new pony.
      Kabree woke up very excited wanting to hurry to Grandpa's to ride the pony.  Ok, FYI in case you have not noticed the pony has yet to be named I say Buttercup, my Mom says Fiona or Tang, Zach says Tangled, we will see I guess.  Kabree agrees with her Mommy and says Buttercup.  Kabree was so excited, she was very serious getting the halter and brushing the pony.  She was excited the whole time she rode, she was all smiles and kept saying "I'm riding the range...yee haw...giddy up girl".  We did discover that the new pony is very scared of hat's, Kabree's hat fell off and when Dad picked it up the pony crow hopped a bit.  Zach is quick on his feet so he had Kabree off in no time.  It did scare her a little and she wasn't sure she wanted to get back on but after coaxing and encouragement from Grandpa she got back on.  Then she got upset because she didn't want someone to lead her she wanted to ride all by herself, we did convince her that she needs to be a little older before she can do that.  Then she got excited again when Kooper came into the arena on Captain and asked her if she wanted to ride, of coarse the answer was yes.  She loved riding the horses and loved the new pony, it was a great end to a great week!

No comments: