Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Backyardigans







  Kabree is still very much in love with Backyardigan.  She has to sleep with her stuffed Pablo and Tasha that she got for her birthday every night as well as one of her Backyardigan books.  Yes she still calls the show "Pablo" and refers to the Backyardigan books as her "Pablo books".  Well for her birthday I tried and tried to find Backyardigan toys and only found stuffed ones as well as the Big Top Circus for sell on e-bay, I even tried bidding on some of them.  However, the Big Top Circus sets went for $75, way more then I was willing to pay for a 2 year olds birthday gift.  The stuffed ones for $35-40, still more then I could justify.  So as you can imagine Zach and I were pretty excited when we found the whole set of stuffed Backyardigans (new at that) for $6 at Once Upon a Child.  But I was pretty disappointed we couldn't find any plastic figures for the cake but my Mom by far made up for that with her amazing clay figures.  However, as those who have read earlier post clay figures and a busy 2 year old are not the best combination.  

 So, you can imagine my excitement when my brother Troy called me up and asked me causally about the Backyardigan figures.  He says "wasn't there some circus tent you were wanting with those Backyardigan characters", so I reminded him of the whole e-bay search and bidding disappointment.  He then says "oh, dang never mind, so you're telling me the set I just got her for $6 I could get $75 out of", then he started laughing.  I was floored as he proceeded to tell me how he found them and had Cayleb pick them up.  He even brought them down to our house while we were gone.  When Kabree woke up the next morning and found them on our table she was so excited.  She kept smiling and singing along with the music as she kept saying "look Pablo, look horsey, look Tyrone, wow!"

 Needless to say Kabree is one very lucky girl to have such a great family that loves her so much!  Thank you Troy!

No comments: