Sunday, January 3, 2010

Happy New Year!

Can you tell Zach and I are not night owls?
Everyone playing games
Mattie and Kooper watching a movie
Grandpa and Kab's down for the count
My Mom showing her amazing skills

We went to Darrel and Laurie's New Years party this year and as always there was lots of good food and a ton of fun. Eric's girlfriend Kayla made these super yummy dipped pretzels, which I could have eaten the whole plate of. Zach and I decided to risk it and play games together and of coarse got a little competitive. I guess Zach and Albert couldn't handle Tiff and I kicking butt : )! Kabree fell asleep, even with all the craziness, but my Dad held her the whole time so that probably helped. However, about 5 minutes to midnight her little eyes popped open and she realized she was missing out on a party so that was of coarse it for sleep. My cousin James gave her a glow stick as we were leaving and holy cow, she LOVED it. She was so fascinated by it, she would raise it up and stare at it. Finally at 2:30 I took it away from her and she cried her self to sleep, it did come in handy again on the way to Salt Lake the next day.

For Skylar's wedding Kabree got a very cute little dress but needed a sweater, which I couldn't find so I was asking my Mom what she thought I should do and she goes in her work room, comes out with some yarn and asks if it matches, which it did perfectly, so she decided to make up a pattern and see what came out. While we were all eating and playing games at the party my Mom was at the table working away the whole night. She was up until 4 a.m. and wouldn't luck have it, when we put it on Kabree the next morning it was too big! Mom decided she was going to work like a mad woman and try to redo it. Of coarse my Mom is amazing and finished the second one in 2 hours and it worked perfectly! Thanks Mom!!

I just have to say I always love January because it feels like you get a new start on things and a new chance to work on goals. 2009 was a very good year for Zach and I and one we will never forget. Having Kabree has blessed our lives so much and made us happier then we could have ever imagined. We are looking forward to 2010; all the family events and things we hope it will bring!
-Hopefully a little brother or sister for Kabreee
-Maybe some more nieces and nephews : ) hint, hint

No comments: