Saturday, August 8, 2009

Horse 4H/Tiny Tots Rodeo

Haylee, Katie, Libby, Shay & Mom

Katie and Paint Ball

Libby and Wiley

Shay getting ready

Aren't those the cutest little wrangler bums

Kooper
The best looking cowboy I've ever seen

Shawn showing off Katie's ribbon

Eric getting the girls a snack
before their next event

Kabree
Future Cowgirl

It was fair week this week so that means lots of fun for my family. My Mom is the Horse 4H leader so all of my nieces participate. My cousin Haylee, and Shay, Katie and Libby all did it this year. They did so good and it was fun watching them. I'm so proud of all of them! In bareback they all did amazing Katie won, Libby second, Haylee third and Shay got a blue ribbon. Heather, Jessica and I had a good time watching them and eating the yummy fair food. Sorry the pics are funny, I had a smudge on my camera the whole day and because I'm so spacey I didn't even notice until the afternoon. I just have to add that because Shawn threatened me not to put the picture of him, i had to : )!

Tiny Tots Rodeo
Mattie with her medals

Kooper, Mattie, Makenna, Morgan and Hanna all did the Tiny Tots Rodeo this year. It was so dang cute to see them all dressed up in their cowboy clothes. Hanna was so excited she, kept asking the others if they were doing the competition : )! Mattie, Makenna, Morgan and Hanna all ran barrels with their stick horses and pulled ribbons off the goats tail. They all did great! Mattie even won medals she did so good. Kooper did barrels and halter (with an actual horse), but we didn't get to stay for that. It was super windy and Hanna and Kabree are fair weathered girls. But he got second in barrels! Hanna wasn't scared at all Matt just told her what to do and she was off. Larin's kids need a little extra support from him. Morgan was so shy he pulled his hat off and put it in front of his face. It was pretty funny and they all had a blast. My Dad insisted on taking Kabree out of the car seat even though it was blowing dirt like crazy, and of coarse she loved it she just stared at the kids and horses. The best part of the night was when on the way home Hanna asked Heather "Mom can I sleep in my cowgirl clothes?" Too cute!!
Grandpa, Kabree and Mattie

Grandpa and Morgan

Larin and Morgan
(Notice the hat over his face)

Larin and Makenna

Hanna running solo

Larin and Mattie

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

I absolutely love the picture of Kabree on the horse. SO CUTE!!! Someday you'll proudly display it next to the awards and medals she'll win when it's her turn for 4-H....

Harward Family said...

Those pictures are so cute. It looks like you had a great time at the fair and that the kids had a blast. Kabree looked so cute on the horse. It looks like she will be a natural at riding.