Monday, October 20, 2008

The Last Round Up

Zach and Gater
Zach has really been wanting to ride this horse

Mom and my horse Cactus (hee hee)
The only horse I'll ride is my Mom's horse Cactus
so I tease her she's going to give him to me

Haylee

Mom

Heather and Paintball

Heather and Larin (on Chex)



The stupid cow

Dad and Darrel

Grandpa in his Rhino

Zach and Freckles

Mattie, Hanna and Larin

Haylee, Heather, Zach and Larin

Last Monday Larin went up Lake Canyon to get the rest of the cows to bring them back to the meadow. Zach had the day off and Heather took it off so we all went out to help. Larin, Zach, Heather, Mom and Haylee rode horses, Grandpa, Darrel, Jerry and Johnathon all rode four-wheelers. Dad and I cruised around in the amigo (I don't know what it really is that's just what they call it). It went pretty good and all the cows are back now.

When Dad and I were opening gates we saw one stupid cow had gotten high centered on the feeder. Isn't that crazy, Dad had to go push it out. The horses got pretty tired so when they came back by the house Larin, Heather and Zach had to get three new horses before they could go the rest of the way and sort. Just in case you see pictures of them on two different horses. My mom is always the one taking the pictures so I made sure to take a couple of her this time : ).

2 comments:

Perpetual Mommy Exhaustion said...

"Stupid cow" is redundant.

The Braggs said...

Wow Jess, your family sure looks like lots of fun. I love to ride horses and hang out in the mountains with my family. We don't have any horses, but my uncle has a few that we get to ride every once in a while. Hope everything is going good for you and Zach. Have a happy Halloween. TTYL Becka