Thursday, December 14, 2023

Hunting Season

 This hunting season was shaping up to be a great one. Kabree and Jessi drew elk tags and Keagan drew a big buck tag. I was super excited to go out with my girls and spend a bunch of time in the outdoors with them. Well that all came to a halt when I dislocated my ankle two weeks before and limited in what/how I could help them. It was a good thing that Eric jumped in to help out with the elk hunting. Although we didn't get to tag out on elk, Kabree did get an opportunity to shoot at an elk this year. So we are making progress and hopefully can get her one soon. Keagan was able to tag out on her deer on an awesome buck. It was the second to last day before she got her buck and had spent many days out hunting looking for that good buck. We were lucky enough to get access on some private ground that day and got some good directions from Hank on where to set up to get a shot at some deer. We spotted several small four points, a couple of three point and some two points. We were set in a great spot to get a shot at some deer. Just as we were ready to shoot one of the smaller four points, I caught a glimpse of "the buck". After seeing him, I knew that we needed to get Keagan on that deer. So we setup and waited for about an hour for him to get up from out of his bed. Once he finally got up we were ready, he was at 350 yards standing by some sage brush broadside. Keagan made an awesome shot and he went down about 20 yards from where he was standing. It was a great hunt and a great experience to be just me and Keagan. I am grateful that Hank was there to let us borrow his side by side, point us to where the deer were, and helping to get it loaded into the truck (no way I could have got him in there by myself).


Davis's Elk



No comments: