Friday, July 8, 2016

4th of July Weekend

  We decided to head to Arbon for the 4th of July weekend this year.  We crammed as much as possible into our short visit as always!  We made Grandma JoAnn her bandanna wreath she has been wanting, well half way finished lol.  We played with all the animals, took a quick ride on Paintball (thank you Katie), Keagan helped uncle Larin feed the horses, Kabree helped uncle Shawn mow the lawn, we all tie dyed and played in the water.
Making Grandma's Wreath
  The wreath was a team effort and was a semi pinterest fail, but thanks to Zach and Grandma JoAnn we know how to fix it!
 Grandma and Shay cutting away
 Zach and Kabree making the wreath form

 Finishing it up
The Animals
  My girls love the Farm and all the animals!  For the most part I love where I live and the life I have but there are times I really miss my childhood!  I miss the horses, riding them, loving on them, brushing them, even just feeding them....ooohhhh the smell of hugging a horse!
  We went for a short walk into the horses to pet some babies. I say short because my Dad's horses are obsessed with him, he walks in to the corral and makes his call and they literally come running and swarm him!  Uno came over to get some loves and Dad decided to catch him and work on his dread locks!  Zach helped Grandpa out with Uno's tail while Katie took the girls for a quick ride on Paintball.  Of coarse while we are down there we had to stop in and see the latest baby bunnies!
 Pal's Mom and baby sister
 Shay and Katie dyed this bunnies feet with Kool Aid

 Saying Hi to Uno
Petting the babies

 What a true friend, she was trying to untie Uno
 Horsey kisses
 Kabree riding Uno
 Keagan riding Uno

 Marley
 Katie is the best cousin ever!!!
She took the girls for rides on Paintball





 Keagan wanted to ride with Uncle Larin as soon as she saw him on the tractor
 Keagan, Larin and Kooper


Kabree is obsessed with the bunnies and wants one so bad!
Tie Dye
  For some dumb reason I decided I wanted to do tie dye shirts for the 4th of July and left it to the last minute (so typical of me the last few months.....when will the old me be back?!).  Anyways my Dad and Zach were great sports as always and even Shawn was a great sport about it all.  

 Picking a tie dye pattern
 Seriously the best sport!  Zach mixed all the soda ash and dies!











 

 Kabree thought it was pretty great Shawn let her steer
Keagan got a 2 minute ride
Water Fun
  Kabree got a water balloon launcher and a Bunch of Balloons (the fill a 100 balloons in 60 seconds) and wanted to show Grandma and Grandpa plus we have a water slide but with our flat lawn it just isn't as much fun!  Zach set up chairs in the shade for Grandpa and Grandma so they could watch but hopefully stay dry......Kiki had other plans!













Fast Cars
  Kabree is OBSESSED with fast cars she even told me "I'm going to get a job and save up all my money, guess what for?"  I said "A house!" "Nope a fast car just like Erics!"  I think she likes the owner a lot so that contributes to her obsession with his cars ; ).  The girls were in hog heaven going for a ride!  I even got a ride.....I should have told Eric about my recent neck/back injury ahead of time because I'm pretty sure wipe lash did not help my situation!!!   Also just a FYI the green tape was to protect  his car from rocks flipping up.





  As we were leaving lighting struck and started a fire up the Knoll.  I grew up with my Dad, brothers, Uncle Darrel and Grandpa all fighting at least one fire every Summer but it never gets less stressful.  I'm grateful for a husband who is always willing to jump in and help no matter the situation and humbled to be reminded that the men of my family are such amazing men and that being a farmer makes you a jack of all trades!

No comments: