Sunday, November 1, 2015

Canning

    I go in spurts of how domestic I am and for some crazy reason I decided that this year; the year that we are already sooooo crazy busy, would be a hard core canning year.  I canned and dried pears, did strawberry jam, fruit leather and dried some strawberries, peach jam, raspberry jam and syrup, apple sauce, dried apples and apple fruit leather, plum fruit leather, dried bananas and dried mandarin oranges.  The girls are loving it and it's great to walk down stairs and see all of the fruits of my labors (pun intended), however this Momma is so done with canning for the year!!!  Zach deserves an award for all of his patients and help!!!  He has been so good about hauling all of the canning stuff up and down the stairs and helping me clean up at the end of the night; even when it's midnight!
  I also have to say I'm so lucky for my awesome friend Ashley and Sissy Heather for hooking me up with fruit and for my amazing Mommy and again my friend Ashley for all of their tips and tricks to making it all go better!
  There has been no pictures along the way because I struggle with having a dirty kitchen and do not really want it documented.  But on the very last batch of apple sauce at WAY to late at night I decided we could take a couple.




No comments: