Friday, May 15, 2015

Mother's Day Weekend

 Mother's Day weekend was filled with family and soccer.  Ironically everyone choose to come to the same soccer game, which made it lots of fun!  Grandma Jane, Grandma JoAnn, Grandma Sally and Grandpa Gary all came to watch Kabree and Justice play.  Grandma JoAnn bought a big bag of kettle corn and Keagan snatched it right up and was being a stinker about sharing.  So Grandma Jane went and got her own bag, when Keagan saw that Grandma Jane's bag was full she was hot on her tail trying to switch bags with her!
Keagan, Justice, Kabree and Libby
Matt and Libby helped the kids warm up



 Heather, JoAnn and Jane
 We sure love this soccer player
 Keke and "her" kettle corn, poor Grandma JoAnn might have got one handful, but that's it!

    After the game everyone headed to Mandarin House for lunch.  We decided since the "real" last game of the season not everyone could come and Heather will be out of town for Libby's soccer tournaments we would celebrate this game.

Love these ladies
 Sally, Gary, Kabree and Keagan
 Justice, Libby, Kabree, Grandma JoAnn, Hanna and Keagan

  This year; with some positive peer pressure from Whitney, I decided for Mother's day to make a craft I have been wanting to do for months.  It turned out pretty well and I have finally completed one of my hundreds of Pinterest pins.  
  I also had the kiddos make each Grandma a paper flower, the kids LOVED it!  They thought it was the greatest thing ever and were so excited to give their Grandma's their flowers!  Keagan of coarse had to make pink ones and Kabree rainbow!

So excited to put them in my Bathroom : ), yes I made myself some ; )
 The hard working kiddos making their flowers

  I have been so blessed in my life to be surrounded by amazing women.  I have thee most talented, hard working, creative....ok I could go on and on about how amazing my Mom is, but seriously she is amazing!!!  My Mom has literally helped me with hundreds of school projects, stayed up all night to wash a certain pair of pants I wanted for the next day, went on way more school field trips then she wanted (yes middle school and high school ones ; ), taken me to the Zoo more times than either one of us could count (yes even as an adult ; ), she has made me/brought me custard when I'm sick (which no one can make like her), slept in my bed with me after Kevin died and I couldn't bare to sleep alone, , but most importantly she taught me how to stand on my own two feet, she taught me that life isn't fair, life is hard, but I'm stronger than I know and I can do hard things.  
  I was blessed with two Grandma's who both made me feel loved unconditionally and taught me so many things.  My Grandma Harriosn taught me how to keep a prayer in my heart and to never give up on having a family.  She also taught me that sometimes the best way to show love is through food : ).  My Grandma Ward taught me that putting those you love before you is HARD but it's it's the right thing to do.  She also taught me that marriage is never 50/50 it's usually 80/20 and it depends on the day who gives the 80
  I have a pretty amazing sister who is always teaching/showing me what it means to be a good Mom.  She always remembers that it's just as important to play together as a family as it is to work together as a family.  She is the most unselfish person I know and always puts everyone elses needs before her own.
  There are so many more amazing women in my life, Mother in-laws, sister in-laws, friends and neighbors that have all taught me so many things.  But the two most important women in my life are my beautiful, smart, funny, amazing little girls!!! So to all the women, young and old we love you and appreciate you!

No comments: