Friday, December 16, 2011

Salt Lake City

 Little Miss Kabree
 Grandpa Vance showing Kabree the animals
 
 Grandpa helping Kabree feed the fish
 Grandma kept getting Kab more fish food
 Kabree loved watching the fish

 Kabree, Zach, JoAnn and Vance
 Kabree wanted to try shooting
 JoAnn showing off her score
(Ok the highest possible score is 200 so how the heck did that happen??)
 Grandpa helping Kabree
 Jessi taking a turn
 Kabree, Grandpa Vance and Grandma JoAnn
 Jessi and Zach
Kabree pretending Grandpa is her horse 
 Grandpa Vance, Grandma JoAnn and Kabree
 Vance and JoAnn
 Jessi, Kabree and Zach
 Kabree had a huge grin the whole time

 I think Grandma JoAnn liked it just as much
 Jessi and Zach
 The temple from our carriage 

    We got to make a trip down to Utah and invited my parents and Jeff and Whitney to come along.  We had so much fun and can't wait to do it again next year.  We left our house bright and early to meet up with my parents in Arbon and switch cars.  My awesome brother Shawn let us borrow his suburban for the trip since none of us had a big enough car to fit everyone.  It was so nice to all ride together and have plenty of room.  Anyways, we headed out from Arbon and made a pit stop in Malad to wish my Grandpa Harrison a happy birthday, I think he was a bit overwhelmed with all of us and Kabree jumping around.  Then we headed back on our way.  We stopped in Layton for an early lunch and a chance for Little Miss to run around. 
    Then we headed to Cabela's.  Ok so I was thinking 1 maybe 1 1/2 hours there and then on to the next stop, ok so 3 1/2 hours later we left.  My Dad and Zach wanted to make sure they saw everything!  Good thing my parents joined in taking turns with Kab.  She loved seeing all the animals and feeding the fish.  My Dad is the one that first took her to see the fish in the pond but then after he stood there with her for 15 minutes he asked us if he could look around.  When he first took her to the fish she told him "I need my fishing pole!", lol good thing her Grandpa Gary got her one for her birthday.  Well my Mom decided to get some fish food for Kab to feed the fish, and she was there with Kab for 15 more minutes.  She still cried when we left the pond.  Then we headed over to the little hall way that has the huge tanks luckily they had a bench so I could just sit there for the next 20 minutes while Kab ran back and forth pointing out all the fish.  We took her up top to the little shooting game, she thought that was pretty neat too.  Who ever knew Cabela's could be so fun to a 2 year old : ).
    After our adventures at Cabela's we headed to temple square.  Kabree was so excited when she saw the horses and carriages.  We decided to go for a ride before checking out the lights.  Kabree was so excited!!  She couldn't decide what horse she wanted to pull us, she kept saying "that one...no....ummmm....ummmmm....that one..."  She finally decided on one named Jet because....wait for it.... surprise, surprise....it was a palomino, sigh my daughter is obsessed.  She was all grins the whole time and she loved the sound the horses feet made on the pavement; inside joke for my Dad and I.  I wore these super cute amazing boots that I got last year for Christmas that I wanted oh so bad, well after our 3 1/2 hour Cabel's adventure and walking from the hotel to temple square I thought I was going to be crippled for the rest of my life.  My Dad asked me why I loved my boots so much that I would be dumb enough to wear them in Salt Lake, I proudly told him because I love the sound they make on pavement; click, click.  Anyways on to the true story Kabree asked the driver if she could sit up front and he told her he was sorry but she couldn't, so she looked at Grandpa and said "Grandpa you get one please...please buy one Grandpa", we couldn't stop laughing.  
    When we finished our carriage ride, which fyi I have always wanted to do that.  We headed on to  temple square to see the lights.  We didn't stay very long because Kab got pretty cold even being all bundled up.  Then we headed to full fill one of Zach's wishes of eating at this super expensive but super amazing Brazilian restaurant.  It is something we could never afford to do all the time but it was so fun and the food was sooo good that it was worth it and we will defiantly do it again. How cheesy is it that I felt so much like a little kid that night getting to ride in the carriage I always wanted to and eating at the restaurant I always wanted to try, I was oh so happy.
    The second day we headed home and stopped for some shopping and Smith and Edwards on the way.  Kabree loved the toys and all of the "cowboy stuff...look cowboy rope....look boots...I need that cowboy hat....".  Just outside of Malad we saw a herd of deer and when I pointed them out to Kabree she made shooting sounds, while squinting her eyes and pointing at the deer (huh I wonder where she learned that).  We of coarse had to stop in Malad for a late lunch at the Drive Inn.  By the time we got home we were all pretty tired but I think we all had a great time!

1 comment:

Kendall and Katy said...

Looks like fun! I have always wanted to ride in a carriage around temple square. I am glad you were able too. Too funny about Kabree picking the palomino. BTW- You look super cute.... and just so Zach doesn't feel bad he looks super cute too. :-)