Monday, September 14, 2009

Fair, Canning and Jam

Heather and Kabree
Man, it has been a busy couple of weeks. Libby, Katie and Shay all made it to the Blackfoot fair for horse 4-H so we got to go and watch. Kabree loves watching the kids show their horses, she is fascinated by all of the kids and horses and just being outside. Of coarse when you are at the fair you have to buy some scones and fudge and admire all the cool things you wish you could buy. I only took one picture at the fair (I know I'm so bad) and it's of Heather and Kabree, sorry girls I promise aunt Jessi will make up for it. Anyways, I know it's not the best pic either but don't you love Kabree's hat? My friend Shancy made it for her and I get so many complements on it and I personally think she looks pretty stinking cute in it!
Heather went back to work last week : (, she loves her job but was very sad to leave baby Justice with me. I however was very excited to have him all to myself : )! I was a little worried but Kabree has missed having Hanna around and Kabree and Justice love just laying next to each other staring. Hopefully I'm not jinxing myself but it's going really well.

For all of you canners it's that time of year again and my Mom is a crazy canner. She cans TONS of fruit, which we all love but makes for a crazy couple of weeks for her. Mom let Jessica and me help her this week and it was a lot of fun. It's always better to can when you have someone to do it with and my Mom's experties. My Mom is also a perfectionest when it comes to canning, her pears and peaches are all cut perfectly and placed just right in the jar, she would put Martha Stewart to shame. She however, was very patient and let Jessica and I take over this year, she didn't even say a word at our unevenly cut pears, she just smiled. I again didn't atke any pictures but my husband is already enjoying our hard work.
Last but not least I decided to go crazy with the freezer jam this year. I kept stressing I wasn't making enough and then when I was all done I looked at my covered table and realized there is only two of us and that's a lot of jam. Good thing my parents are going to take some : )!

4 comments:

Chelsea said...

I'm not a huge fan of canning, but I love looking at and eating the finished product. And I the best part is knowing I made it! What a great feeling! Your stuff looks great. By the way, how is it having two infants around?

Harward Family said...

That is awesome. I love to can and have the finished products to eat and enjoy. What kind of freezer jam did you make. It looks yummy!! Kabree looks so cute. It is hard to believe how big she is getting.

Spilletts said...

It looks YUMMY! You may have to share:)

Sarah Smith said...

I wish that I had someone who canned around here.. I can't belive how big you little girl is.. She reminds of Kasha with out hair... She is so pretty.. And you are lucky to beable to watch your sisters little boy also.. Hope it stays going good for you..