Saturday, July 1, 2023

The Battered Mansion

  Melinda Campbell and Shanna Perkins gave us a shadow box with pictures of all my family who have lived in the "Battered Mansion."  My Great, Great Grandpa (and one of my 3 name sakes ;) Jesse Nicholas Ward is the one who built the house that we live in, in 1896.  It was his kids (one being my Great Grandpa Elmer Mosiah) who called the house the "Battered Mansion." I am one of the 5th generation to live in the house (Larin was the other) and our kids are the 6th generation.  Of coarse the house has been moved, the upstairs added, the kitchen and porch area added, the house sided and lots of other improvements by each generation.  But I still love the fact that there is logs between the walls and knowing that my Great, Great Grandpa built it :).  I have lots of great memories in this house and it instantly felt like a home when we moved in.  Out of all the people who have lived here only 2 families (Larin's being one) have had their pictures in front of it so we asked Mattie to take ours.
Julia and Jesse Ward



No comments: