Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Family Party 2010

Kayla, Eric, Cayleb, & J.T. playing horse shoes

The Boys playing in the field

Carter, Holli and Mason


Heather and Justice

Carter and Mason


Zach and Jessi

Larin and Holli roasting marshmallows

Jessika and Makenna

Kacy and Whitney

Morgan enjoying a smore

Eric, Cayleb and J.T. throwing the balls
at Mom and Wendy sitting on the deck

Mom and Wendy dodging balls

Larin, Troy, Heather and Jessi

Kabree giving Whitney a love

Mattie

playing ladder ball

J.T. and Eric

Zach and Kabree
One of the things I look forward to the most every year is my families party. Now that my siblings have kids having kids and going to college it's not that often that we are all together in one place. I love seeing all of my nieces and nephews and being able to just visit with the whole family. Shawn just had back surgery this year so he wasn't able to make it :(.
This year we did it at Troy and Wendy's. It was perfect to be able to have our fire pit for roasting marshmallows and a big enough garage that we could eat in when it started raining :). We had horse shoes, ladder golf, the WII inside and for the kids all they cared about is the water; they played in the creek the WHOLE time. Zach and I go to Troy and Wendy's a lot; what can I say they are two of my favorite people, so to us it was a ton of fun to watch others see how fun their place is.
Wendy taught the kids to roast star burst; which I wouldn't try, and they went crazy, they thought they were the best thing ever. Zach I think roasted a whole bag of marshmallows by himself.
The kids roasting starburst
We decided to have everyone write a letters to my Dad and Mom to thank them for all they have done and the reasons we love them. My parents both thought it was for the other one so they were a little surprised when it was for both of them. We made Heather do all of the talking and explain how much they mean to us and why we did this for them, she wasn't very happy with us about that :).
The binder of letters

Mom and Dad reading their letters


On Saturday Zach made a 5 hour trip to go pick up Pal so my Dad could sit and enjoy the grandkids. Cayleb and J.T. kept him company though so it wasn't too bad he said. We just hung out at the house all day. It was kind of nice to just visit and watch the kids play.
Kabree meeting Pal for the first time
We had a lot of fun and are so grateful to Troy and Wendy for letting everyone come and crash their place.

No comments: