Friday, November 6, 2009

Grandpa Elmer

Grandpa Elmer holding Kabree & Justice
Hanna enjoying the cookies Grandpa brought her

Grandpa Elmer came to visit this week. My Grandpa loves babies and was very excited to come and love on them for a few hours and they were just as excited to see him. Grandpa forgot his cookies at home so he had my aunt Laurie stop by the store on the way so he would have cookies for Hanna. Kabree got so excited when Grandpa came, when he came to the top of the stairs she started kicking her feet and squealing. She was a little stink once Justice got here and she had to share her Grandpa Elmer, we are hoping that she grows out of this little jealousy thing. But aunt Heather played with her while Grandpa played with Justice so she was fine then.

We were so glad Grandpa Elmer came to visit, we love him so much. After Grandpa left Heather and I reminisced about all of our memories we have with our Grandpa. First of all as kids I think we went over to Grandpa and Grandma's at least twice a day. During the summer our Grandpa use to take us fishing and water skiing all most every week. Plus our Grandpa use to let us take friends sometimes too. One time when I was a teenager Holly, Emma and I all went to Stone for a couple of days with Grandpa and he played chubby bunny with Emma. I've never seen something so funny in my life. They both had so many marshmallows shoved in their mouth I don't know how they didn't choke. Anyways, I love that story because my mom has always said since the first time she met my Grandpa she thought he was a big marshmallow, he acts all tough and rough on the out side but he's really a big marshmallow.

4 comments:

Harward Family said...

Thank you for the fun post. I totally remember going to Stone. That was so much fun. I remember Emma and your Grandpa doing that. What fun memories. Your grandpa is such a wonderful guy, it's no wonder Kabree gets so excited to see him.

summergibbs said...

I love Grandpa Elmer too!

Miss Jana said...

Grandpas are the best.Kabree is lucky to get to know your grandparents. I wish Maddux could meet mine

Chelsea said...

He is so cute with the babies! By the way, Kabree's costume was absolutely adorable. You're going to have to beat the boys off when she gets older, you know... :D